Junior Project Scheduler
Remote with Travel as Required
Mining & Metals
Starting Pay Range ($CAD/HR):
*Based on experience and capability. Progressive increases based on performance, to $45-$75 after one year
Schappert Associates Ltd. (SAL) is a Project Management consultant company focused on assisting Project Owners and Service Providers in successfully achieving project goals while showing project savings. Formed in 1999, SAL has successfully provided its service on a variety of projects with the emphasis placed on maintaining the project scope and associated schedule, budget, and quality for over twenty-three years. At SAL, we are bound by a set of guiding principles – accountability, innovation, integrity, and commitment to our clients. Our vision is to become an industry leading consulting firm by helping our clients deliver project excellence through innovative digital solutions and transforming technologies. If this sounds like a company you would love to work for and you are a skilled individual that likes a challenge, this could be the opportunity for you.
We are currently seeking an entry-level Junior Project Scheduler to support a portfolio of projects under the supervision of the Senior Scheduling Manager. This is a full-time position and work can be done remotely from any province with some travel to the client’s work sites / offices (currently located in SK), and to the SAL head office near Russell, MB. No prior scheduling experience is necessary. The successful candidate must have the ability and willingness to continuously develop and enhance scheduling knowledge and skills using Primavera P6. One-on-one training will be provided by our Senior Schedulers.
Under the supervision of the Scheduling Manager, the project scheduler will be responsible for a wide range of small to medium projects:
- Ability to lead interactive planning sessions
- Create and maintain project baseline schedule
- Monitor, update, and report on schedule progress throughout the execution of the project to internal and external project stakeholders
- Ability to provide critical path analysis and what-if scenarios
- Capability to produce various reports as required (ie. Look-ahead Schedules, Manpower, Histograms, Schedule Variance Reports)
- Identify and clearly communicate scope changes, trends, deviations, and potential impacts to the project schedule
- Collaborate with Engineering, Procurement, and Construction on all matters related to schedule activities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
- Quick learner and ability to prioritize work in order to meet competing deadlines
- Strong MS Office skills
- Construction or Mining experience would be considered an asset
- Experience or knowledge in Project Management or Project Controls principles would be considered an asset
- Authorization to lawfully work in Canada is required
Schappert Associates Ltd. seeks to provide a harassment-free work environment, that does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, gender, affiliation, or any other personal attribute that has no bearing on a contractor or employee’s work performance, providing for an environment of equal opportunity for all.
If this opportunity interests you and you have the skills and experience necessary to be successful in this role, please apply by clicking the link below or submit your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.